Thanks to the chef for sharing this great, lovely One Dish Meal recipe. It is so helpful to busy people who wish to eat at home but at. times can run short of ideas or just cooking for 2 persons. This dish is suitable for all ages.
This One Dish Meal is a complete meal with protein, carbohydrate, fibre, vitamins and minerals. Love the fragrance of ginger and sweetness of the shallots in this dish. I wouldn’t mind adding more ginger. I recreate this dish with a little more gravy to spread over a plate of steaming hot rice. This portion is enough for 3 persons.
2 pieces deboned chicken thigh meat – cut into bite size pieces
10 slices of ginger
8 shallots -peeled and halved
5 cloves garlic – peeled and sliced
1 canned button mushrooms – drained and rinsed, sliced
1-2 stalks green onions – cut sections or chopped
2 cups water
2 tbsp each light soy sauce and oyster sauce
dashes of pepper, cooking wine and sesame seed oil
- Heat a non stick pan with some oil, saute ginger, shallots until fragrant. Add in garlic, then chicken pieces. Spread them out and allow to fry until slightly charred and aromatic.
- Add in seasoning and some white part of spring onions. Add in button mushrooms, continue to cook. Continue to fry before adding in water.
- Let it boil for about 10 minutes.Gradually, add in cornstarch water to thicken the gravy until the consistency you prefer.
- Add in chopped spring onions and sesame seed oil.
- Dish up to serve over rice as One Dish Meal.