Many people will scrape away the purple skin of eggplant when frying as the bright purple colour will turned brown when one does not know how to prevent discolourisation. There is one simple way that can help to retain its vibrant purple colour. Try the method below [no boiling, steaming or deep-frying] and you will be happy to cook eggplants for your family for its benefits.
Benefits of eating eggplants: a great source of vitamins and minerals, helps digestion, improves heart health, prevents cancer, increase brain function and prevents anemia.
2 medium size eggplants – washed and cut wedges
some chopped spring onions
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp sesame seed oil [optional]
2-3 garlic – chopped
1 red chilli – sliced or chopped
2-3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp water
- Cut eggplants, add some salt, cornstarch and oil [this will prevent oxidation that discolourised them]. Toss well and set aside.
- Combined sauce ingredients.
- Heat a non stick wok, add oil. Pan fry the eggplants  in a single layer until light brown and soft.
- Pour in the seasoning sauce. Stir fry to mix well until eggplants are cooked through.
- Add chopped spring onions. Stir and dish up to serve.