300 to 350 gm fresh yellow noodles
a small bunch of chives – cut sections
100 gm beansprouts – tailed
2-3 dried mushrooms – soaked and cut strips
50 gm carrots – cut strips
100 gm minced or sliced meat
a few slices ginger – cut strips
250 ml water
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp chicken stock granules
dash of pepper
1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- Marinate meat with some light soy sauce, pepper and sesame seed oil.
- Heat a little oil in wok, saute chopped garlic until fragrant, add in yellow noodles and some dark soy sauce [for colour]. Stir fry until well combined and aromatic. Dish up onto serving platter.
- Using the same wok, add in some oil, saute ginger strips and mushrooms until aromatic. Add in meat to fry until it turns white and firm.
- Add in carrots, stir fry to mix before adding water. Bring to boil and add in seasoning. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- When water boils, add in beansprouts and chive. Stir to mix well. Thicken with cornstarch water.
- Bring to boil and scoop gravy over fried noodles.
- Serve immediately with cut chillies or sambal belacan or cooked tomyam paste.