December 2019 and January 2020 was indeed a very busy period for me with much to do to the extent of delaying posting of the recipes which I tried till now. With the long list of things to handle, I still have to bake some cookies for my elders’ families for Chinese New Year. So from now, with the last of schedule done, I will have to catch up with the recipe postings.
These cookies are moist, not too sweet but crunchy and it looks a little dark as I used Jaggery sugar instead of brown sugar [original recipe]. Anyway, I happened to like these cookies and sharing it here for future reference.
[makes 160 cookies]
350 gm butter [room temperature]
180 gm Jaggery sugar
60 gm castor sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tsp vanilla essence
560 gm plain flour
100 gm regular oats
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
200 gm chocolate chips
- Cream butter with sugars, salt until light and creamy. Add in eggs one at a time and vanilla essence. until well blended. Scrap down.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Fold into cream mixture. Mixed well and chill cookie dough in fridge for 30 minutes or until required.
- Use a spoon to scoop the dough into small portions. Lightly roll into balls. Place dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave some space in between as cookies will spread out a little.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Remove to cool on tray before storing in airtight container.