This butter cookie dough is easy to handle, design stays after baking. It is crispy, not overly sweet and buttery if you use good quality butter.
I won’t mind using this recipe again when looking at the lovely shapes. Just probably have to improve my skill of pressing out the dough, hehehe!
[makes 140 pieces]
250 gm butter [room temperature]
150 gm icing sugar
2 large eggs
3 tsp vanilla essence
435 gm plain flour – sifted
- Cream butter with icing sugar until creamy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla essence. Continue to beat until creamy and light.
- Fold in sifted flour in batches. Mix well until well combined. If not baking right away, chill in fridge.
- Put dough in small portion into piping bag with rosette design. Press onto baking tray lined with parchment paper. Top with a small bit of red cherries.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes depending on your own or until golden brown.
- Remove to cool on wire rack before storing in air-tight containers.