I made 3 batches of pineapple tarts with this recipe as I wanted to make different design tarts using the plastic jelly mould. I believe many homemakers would have this type of jelly moulds in their kitchen. Can make use of it to shape the pineapple tarts. Kids love to try them looking at the different designs.
Tarts taste better after a few days.
250 gm unsalted butter
50 icing sugar
2 egg yolks
350 gm superfine flour
40 gm cornstarch
300 gm Pineapple Jam [store bought] – depends on the size of mould use
Egg Glaze [mix and sieve]
1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water
- Shape pineapple filing into small round balls [5 gm each]. Set aside or chill in fridge until required.
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter, sugar and add in egg yolk until light and fluffy. Fold in flour mixture, mix into a soft dough or just combined [do not over work dough].
- Divide dough into small portions enough to wrap filling, seal and roll into round ball. Press into a small tartlet mould. Dislodge from mould and place tart on a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 160 degrees C for 10 minutes, remove from oven.
- Lightly brush egg glaze over tarts. Do not apply too much egg glaze.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden in colour.
- Remove from oven, cool on wire rack before storing in airtight container.