All said nice – this Melt in mouth salted egg cookies. A friend, who does not fancy eating cookies, keeps saying these are nice cookies. Reminded me to give him some if I do bake this again. He said these cookies are not too sweet or salty but crispy, light and aromatic. To him is, very addictive cookies.
He did not that these are salted egg cookies.
Recipe adapted from Iwen Baking Youtube video
[makes 85-100 pieces depending on size of cutter]
4 salted egg yolks – steamed 10-15 minutes, mash while still hot. Set aside
120 gm unsalted butter
40 gm castor sugar
20 gm icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
180 gm plain flour
20 gm cornflour
1/4 tsp baking powder
Egg Glaze [mix and strain]
1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water
some toasted white sesame seeds
- Cream butter, sugars and salt until creamy and light.
- Add in dry ingredients and mashed egg yolks.
- Light mix ingredients with a spatula into a soft dough.
- Wrap dough with parchment or greased proof paper in a rectangular block. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Remove, unwrap dough. Place dough in between 2 plastic sheets. Roll flat into 1/2 cm thick piece. Use a cookie cutter [I used 2 cm width pineapple tart mould] to cut out cookies.
- Place on baking tray lined with parchment paper, leave some space in between cookie dough.
- Lightly brush egg glaze, sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees C for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to cool on wire rack before storing.