Day 11 of MCO, prepared this braised spaghetti for dinner. What more can I ask? To me, it is more than satisfactory meal to feed 3 household members. If cannot get meat or chicken from the wet market due to long queues, make it vegetarian.
This fried spaghetti with the addition of some cornstarch water as thickening makes the pasta smooth, moist and coated with the thick gravy. Great, love it especially when you do not require to meat. It can be vegetarian.
350 gm spaghetti [Angel Hair] – cook as per instructions
2-3 Ernygii mushrooms – cut thick strips
2-3 dried mushrooms – soaked and cut strips
1-2 firm beancurd – fried and cut thick strips [for vegetarian] – if vegetarian
some meat strips – optional
some chopped ginger and garlic
100 gm cabbage – shredded [according to preference]
1-2 stalks mustard [choi sum] – wash and cut sections
100 gm carrots – peeled, sliced and cut strips
1 cup water
2 tbsp cooking wine
Seasoning Ingredients [combined]
1-2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce [Vegetarian mushroom stir fry sauce]
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp vegetarian mushroom stock granules
1 tsp salt to taste
1/2 tsp pepper to taste
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1 tbsp cornstarch + 1 cup water for thickening
- Fry mushrooms in oil until aromatic. Push aside. Add in ginger and garlic. Fry until golden brown. Add in meat [if using]. If not add fried firm beancurd strips.
- Add in carrots, cabbage and stir fry to mix well. Add in water and seasoning ingredients. Stir to mix well.
- Bring to boil, add in blanched spaghetti. Lower heat, toss to mix well, taste to fine tune seasoning.
- Add in mustard leaves, toss well over medium heat until vegetables are cooked. Stir in thickening. Mix well.
- Dish up to serve. Garnish with chopped coriander if you have some.