Really good and tasty braised pork ribs, red fermented beancurd [nam yee] flavour. Just a few steps to prepare and you get to enjoy aromatic and tasty pork ribs. If you like a bit of a gravy to go with rice, then braised the ribs till tender but still moist.
I added a pack of Ernygii mushrooms for its sweetness and aroma.
Recipe inspired from Ms Ma’s Kitchen videos with modifications
500 gm of meaty pork ribs – cut into sections – cleaned and drained on coriander
200 gm Eryngii mushrooms – removed the round head – cut lengthwise pieces
1 stalk spring onions – washed and knotted
1-2 inches ginger – sliced
3-4 cloves garlic – peeled and sliced
1 heaped tbsp rock sugar
2-3 pieces of red fermented beancurd [nam yee]
2 tbsp red fermented beancurd sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce to taste
- Prepare the ingredients as stated above.
- Combine nam yee with light soy sauce.
- Pan fry ribs in a non stick pan with some oil until brown on all sides. Push aside, add in mushrooms to fry until slightly brown. Add in sliced ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry to mix ingredients well. Add in spring onions, nam yee sauce and rock sugar. Stir to coat ribs and mushrooms with sauce ingredients.
- Add in hot water, bring to boil for 1-2 minutes over high heat, cover with lid and cook over medium heat until ribs are tender and water reduced.
- Remove lid and continue to cook until gravy is reduced to thick.
- Dish up to serve.