One of the simplest One Dish Meal with store bought salad sauce.
I have bought 2 different flavours of the dressing sauce from Kewpie for 3 pieces fried deboned chicken thighs.
|Hot Spicy Dressing
with Onions and Spring Onions
|Roasted Sesame Dressing
With Onions and Spring Onions
3 deboned chicken thighs with skin – make a few slits on the meat side to flatten and widen the chicken thighs [can request the butcher to do it]
3 sachet x 25 ml Kewpie dressing [hot spicy and roasted sesame flavours]
3 bowls of cooked rice
some chopped large onions and spring onions or coriander leaves
some sliced cucumbers or zucchini
- Season and marinate the chicken thighs with some light soy sauce, pepper and cornstarch for at least 30 minutes or more.
- Combine the dressing with chopped onions and spring onions/coriander leaves. Chill in fridge until required.
- Brush some oil a non stick pan [the chicken skin will release some fats while frying]. Heat up before frying the chicken thigh pieces [skin side down first] until golden brown, flip over to cook the meat side over medium high heat until cooked through. You can cover with lid to speed up the cooking time.
- Remove fried chicken pieces onto to individual serving plates with a bowls of rice. Spread dressing over chicken pieces.
- Serve immediately with some sliced cucumbers.